Thursday, January 26, 2017

Just in Time for Valentine's Day

After weeks and weeks of development, it's finally here! The Heart to Heart Valentine's Table Runner Pattern.
I wanted to design something a little sophisticated and less cute-sy. Something for my dining table. (Because of the lack of light today, I took these photos on the coffee table downstairs, however.) Heart to Heart Valentine's Runner
Originally the quilting was going to be really simple but then it took on a life of its own...
Heart to Heart Valentine's Runner
As part of keeping it modern, I decided that I didn't want to put a binding on it. I wanted it to look like a runner, not a quilt.
Thank you for the wonderful facing tutorial, Victoria!
Heart to Heart Valentine's Runner
It was a little more involved than binding, but the result is wonderful. Heart to Heart Valentine's Runner
Here's the back. Almost whole cloth-like, isn't it?
Heart to Heart Valentine's Runner
Can you tell I'm really happy with how this turned out?

2 comments: