Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Sewing Day!

Today is sewing day!

Untitled
I have a new project/pattern design in the works that I'm REALLY excited about.
Untitled
It's foundation pieced. And, as I mentioned before, trees.

I recently found a new supplier for freezer paper and I knew it was good stuff but my expectations have been exceeded.
I made four tree blocks using one freezer paper template and I'm pretty sure I could have made at least one or two more before exhausting the wax.

I'm planning to redo the freezer paper foundation piecing tutorial some day soon but, for now, you can find it here.
It's my favorite method. No sewing through paper, no removal of paper afterward and, last but not least, much less wasted fabric than the traditional method!

Ooh! Another thing! Twiddletails is now on Instagram!

3 comments:

  1. I am a paper piece that uses...yep real paper and I have never quite been able to follow the tutorials on freezer paper piecing before which has always amazed me because I am pretty proficient at it with paper so how can I not understand a freezer paper tutorial? That is before your tutorial. It is perfectly clear and I finally get it...yeah!!! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These trees are just adorable! I hope you'll be selling this pattern eventually because I'll be the first in line to buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Instagram! I only just joined a few months ago, but it's quite fun, and so easy too! :-)

    ReplyDelete