Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Busy (but not really sewing)

I've been working long hours at my other job. Worked until 10:30pm last night and have to be back there by 8:30 this morning. I'm not complaining because I'm saving this money to open a "real" store somewhere down the line.

Anyhow, not much sewing has been happening.

I DID start another Dear Jane quilt. I'm a little nuts, I know.
Between the 30's Jane BOM (signups are still open) and all the 30's fabrics staring me in the face every day, I just couldn't help myself.
This time I'm keeping track of the number of pieces in the blocks as well as how long it takes me to make them.
So far: 95 pieces, 5.5 hours.
B-2B-1A-3A-2A-1
If you're interested in my progress on this one, you can add my other blog to your reader: http://thatquilt.blogspot.com/
On the twiddletails Facebook page, other than "store stuff", I also post regular updates on my quilting comings and goings. You can "like" it in the sidebar over here, if you'd "like".  Ha ha!

4 comments:

  1. sounds like you have been plenty busy - it is a wonder you are able to fit in as much sewing as you do.
    I kept track of time and pieces on both of my dear janes and found it very interesting that I made the second one in almost 90 hours less time than the first one. Practice I guess :)
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opening a ‘real’ store... Anina that would be wonderful! I hope your dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo... a real store? How cool!!! And I love your beautiful '30s blocks. They are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Dear Jane quilts...but I'm sure I don't want to start one. I'll just enjoy those made by you nutty people.

    ReplyDelete