Sunday, March 21, 2010

Optical Illusion (and other quilts)

I visited the Quilters Anonymous show in Monroe, WA on Saturday.
It was fun.  I love quilt shows.

I took some photos but unfortunately did not note the quilt makers.  I should know by now...
If you see a quilt you recognize, let me know and I'll give credit.

See the curves here?
Quilters Anonymous Quilt Show
They're not curves at all!
Quilters Anonymous Quilt Show
I loved this one
Quilters Anonymous Quilt Show
Look at the quilting detail!
Quilters Anonymous Quilt Show
A little bit of whimsy
Quilters Anonymous Quilt Show
And proof that classic can still be absolutely lovely.
Quilters Anonymous Quilt Show

7 comments:

  1. Some great quilts Anina! I've always love that ocean waves pattern for exactly the reason that you've shown -- it looks like curved piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to go to the show so bad, but this weekend didn't work. I would love to have gone too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous! I really wanted to go to the show this year, but just couldn't fit it in. It looks like there were some real beauties! Thanks for giving us a little peek. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing quilts Anina! Thanks for the glimpse of the quilt show.

    I love the wimsy tulip and the handquilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the piecing and quilting that went into these projects looks stunning! What an inspiring selection to see. This makes me want to find a quilt show around here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how funny! I went to the show on Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just all so amazing and what inspiration!
    Thank you for sharing :o)

    ReplyDelete