Monday, July 30, 2007

Snippets from a Summer Garden

Yesterday we finally went to see the Harry Potter movie and then came home to watch the final stage of the Tour de France (of course), after which I decided to make Indonesian Beef Rendang for dinner. It sounds much fancier than it really is, but does take time to make. The bottom line, once again no crafting around here.

The garden is in the final throws of its summer beauty. Soon everything will go to seed and the tedious fall cleanup process will begin.
I've had quite a few people ask me to post more photos of my garden. Here are a couple.

These are "dinner plate" dahlias. They are about 10" in diameter.



The shade garden.

The bird house was just an unfinished one from the craft store which I painted with leftover paint and coated in a couple of coats of polyurethane. It's been outside for nearly 10 years and seems to still be holding strong.

It looks like we'll have couple of tomatoes this season.

15 comments:

  1. Your garden is so lovely! Thanks for posting some more photos of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are lovely and the Rendang sounds sooooo good. I read the recipe to my husband who is the cook in our house and maybe we'll try it tomorrow. I love anything that touches coconut milk and we love curries, etc. But, I think we'll skip the water buffalo. Do you have an exact recipe for it that you'd share?
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dahlias are amazing! I love the garden bench.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autum said what I was going to say *pout*. They ARE amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful garden photos!! I would just love to see your backyard in person, you have quite the green thumb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I'm tempted to print out the dahlia photos and frame them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your garden is lovely! I see lots of PINK...no surprise. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a beautiful garden... worth the fall clean-up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you just love dinner plate dahlias??? Oh, I could just eat them up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your "dinner plate" dahlias are so pretty I just love the color. I will have to look for these next year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, those dahlias are beautiful. I also like the little bench. Great garden.

    ReplyDelete