Friday, January 4, 2008

Torn

The "Dove at my Door" quilt top is finished and ready for layering, quilting, and binding. I LOVE it and seriously contemplated showing it to you in its current state, but it's raining in my outdoor studio, which helped me in my decision.

Now we come to the "torn" part of this post.
This is the next quilt project in the calendar, "Heavenly Stars" (January 4 - 17)(Yes, almost two weeks!!!)

I've bought fabric for it but am not really "feeling it" at the moment. Add to this the promise of a possible star block quilt-a-long, and you can see the conundrum I'm in.

In other news, I joined our local quilt guild last night. This is more of a traditional thing but the members are amazingly talented and inspirational and they do wonderful things for charity.

Have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Great blocks, a few I have made. I've often thought about joining my local quilt guild, quilting for charity would be wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are showing us the calendar pages. I need to find this calendar. A friend gave me the crochet pattern a day calendar for Christmas and I agree with you, it is a challenge for people who want to make everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can I borrow your calendar for inspiration for the star quilt to come? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope we get to see the dove quilt when it is finished. I would like to make it but I am not very good at applique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So if it were me I'd go with AmandaJean. My mom learned to quilt in an old fashioned quilting bee when I was a girl. You joining the guild reminded me of that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please join Amandajean’s new quilt-a-long. It’s so wonderful to see your blocks every week! I should reconsider to start the calender star quilt. When the feeling is not OK before starting... must be a sign!

    ReplyDelete